“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.”
We’re excited to introduce you to the people working at Expo 2020 Dubai. During 6 unforgettable months, they’ll assure that the message of the Luxembourg Pavilion resonates in all its vibrancy.
Today, you’ll meet Deborah Varoqui, Assistant to the Director.
1. What is your name and what do you do at the Luxembourg Pavilion?
Deborah Varoqui, Assistant to the Director. I am the first employee of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg Pavilion who arrived in the UAE almost 2 years ago.
In the very beginning and when the pavilion was still under construction, I was in charge of elaborating the operational model of the Pavilion including the ﬁnancial, tax, and human resources plan, but also preparing accounts and vat refunds. I have organized the whole office before the arrival of the rest of the team.
I am monitoring the accounting and bookkeeping; I act as the first point of contact with banks, etc., and much more…
2. What motivated you to work at the Luxembourg Pavilion?
Having worked many years for big companies, I am excited to be part of this big event and share my experience throughout the team.
3. How does a day at the Luxembourg Pavilion look like?
Every day is different, either you run the day or the day runs you 🙂
4. What is your favorite aspect of working for the Luxembourg Pavilion and for Expo 2020 Dubai?
I don’t have a favorite aspect, I love my job and I love to be imaginative, ingenious and creative. You can transform normal day-to-day work into something new.
5. What is your favorite part of the Luxembourg Pavilion?
The restaurant, I am always hungry. 🙂
6. What is the most important lesson you have learned during your time working for the Luxembourg Pavilion so far?
Let me finish the project, and then I will be able to tell you.
7. Any special events you are particularly looking forward to?
The Luxembourg Day of course.
8. What can EXPO 2020 DUBAI do for our future?
Connect with other partners, colleagues from all around the world.