“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.”
We’re excited to introduce you to the people working at Expo 2020 Dubai. During 6 unforgettable months, they’ll assure that the message of the Luxembourg Pavilion resonates in all its vibrancy.
Today, you’ll meet Bettina Gitonga, Administrative Assistant.
1. What is your name and what do you do at the Luxembourg Pavilion?
Bettina Gitonga, I am in the administration team of the Luxembourg Pavilion.
2. What motivated you to work at the Luxembourg Pavilion?
The prospect of meeting new people from a different part of the world and work together, exchange and share ideas all while learning new ways better advance my knowledge and skills and implement the ones I’ve been acquiring peaked my interest.
3. How does a day at the Luxembourg Pavilion look like?
Somewhat busy as expected and sometimes extra busy especially during weekends as people get a bit more time to explore.
4. What is your favorite aspect of working for the Luxembourg Pavilion and for Expo 2020 Dubai?
The knowledge that people get to learn about Luxembourg and its prominent stand in Europe and see parts of the country’s beauty and diverse fullness. Expo 2020 has and continues to connect people through every aspect of all the participating countries from around the world. It’s beautiful to see a world come together with common goals.
5. What is your favorite part of the Luxembourg Pavilion?
6. What is the most important lesson you have learned during your time working for the Luxembourg Pavilion so far?
To consistently continue to be open and flexible.
7. Any special events you’re particularly looking forward to?
Luxembourg National day on 23rd January 2022.
8. What can EXPO 2020 DUBAI do for our future?
Help the current and future generation in learning new ways to interact with each other be it through sharing ideas collectively, technological advances as a team, communication between each country and being better neighbors to one another.
Expo will help us all to hopefully understand that together we can move better and faster and go past heights we thought were limitations and better the environment we all live in. The planet needs all of us to work together.